Tuesday 16 February 2010

Gabriel Stern complete



Bit of a late update again. After almost a week of inaction I painted most of this guy on Sunday evening and then completed him last night. As usual there are a lot of things that could be better. I used to spend ages obsessively working every detail. This meant I could have some really nice minis in my cabinet, but needless to say not many, and often projects would be abandoned before completion. I don't do this anymore, I am happy to get more stuff done, so I am satisfied with how this miniature turned out.

Looking at his face I did consider adding stubble and a cheroot, his curling snarl seemed to demand it, but really I don't think this fellow would have any of that. The look on his face is one of puritanical disgust, of a man that would prefer to punch you than say hello. Revulsion is a message from the Emperor, and this man hears the Emperor loud and clear. Really I should probably have added some mud and dust to his robes but by the time I get to that stage I always want to move on, and the prospect of messing up the weathering and having to re-paint is never appealing to me.

This is the start of the =][= warband I've always wanted. Sure, sinister black-clad killtroopers are all well and good, but you can't beat a warrior monk with a big gun leading a retinue of freaks and heroes, can you?

Another pre-paint will be uploaded shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Great job mate, I like the skin tone, and that's a nice red too.

    ReplyDelete